Guidelines for using our logo
The Mid-Atlantic Hispanic Chamber of Commerce invests itself in enhancing the diversity of our business community, in helping to strengthen our existing workforce and prepare our future workforce, and in making the Mid-Atlantic region a premier international destinations and sought-after locations to visit, start a business, live, work and play. Our logo is our public image and, therefore, it is the Chamber's most valuable marketing asset. Thus, it is everyone's responsibility to protect it and use it with care.
If you are a member in good standing, we invite you to display the Mid-Atlantic Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (MAHCC) "Proud Member" logo so that others in the business community recognize your support of and involvement in the Chamber.
You may use the Chamber's "Proud Member" logo on your company website, your business letterhead, and your company business cards. Please contact the Chamber offices at 301-840-1400 to obtain specific permission for other uses.
Appropriate Logo Usage
These usage requirements are intended to assist us in managing the MAHCC's brand visual identity. By downloading the MAHCC logo for either print or online publication you agree to be bound by these policies:
- If you display the MAHCC "Proud Member" logo on your website, you must activate a link from the logo directly to us at http://www.MAHCC.org;
- The MAHCC logo is available for download in a variety of sizes as well as in colored and gray-scale formats. You may not alter the downloaded logo selections in any manner, including size, colors or elements;
- You may not display the MAHCC logo in a manner that implies sponsorship or endorsement by the MAHCC of your organization, products or services; and,
- The logo must appear by itself, with a minimum of 40 pixels between each side of the logo and other graphics or text.
Incorrect Logo Usage
You are not permitted to:
- Alter the logo in any way
- Expand or condense the logo
- Redraw the logo
- Change the color of the logo
- Add outlines or drop shadows around the logo
- Add text or graphic elements to the logo
- Set the logo in box.
These policies do not grant a license or any other right to any MAHCC logos or trademarks.
Usage of the Chamber logo is your agreement that:
- You will immediately cease usage of the logo in any form if your Chamber membership terminates;
- If you continue to use the logo after your membership terminates, you will pay to the Chamber a fee of $200 for each month or part thereof that you continue such use;
- The Chamber is entitled to receive from the Court an injunction against further use of the logo without having to post a bond; and,
- The user agrees to pay the reasonable attorney's fees of the Chamber if it has to go to Court to obtain an injunction and/or to collect the fee for usage after membership has terminated.
The MAHCC reserves the right to terminate or modify permission to display the logo at any time. The MAHCC reserves the right to take action against any use that does not conform to these policies, infringes on any of its intellectual property or other right, or violates other applicable laws. Organizations and individual who use the MAHCC logo/name without written permission are open to legal action and punitive damages.
To request to use the Chamber logo, please complete the following form:
* * *
Acknowledgements: We thank Dr. Marilyn Balcombe, President & CEO of the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce, for granting permission to use their logo policy as a template for creating our own guidelines.
Only registered members have access to the Logo page where they can download the Chamber's Logos.