We, at the Mid-Atlantic Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, are committed to respecting our members' expectation of privacy regarding personal information. We value the trust you place in us to protect your personal information. New technologies have dramatically changed the way information is gathered, used and stored. But preserving our members' trust and the confidentiality of their personal information entrusted to the Chamber still remain our core objectives.
We believe it is important to make clear to our members and visitors how information about them is being used at the Chamber, the benefits such use provides, and the protections put in place against unauthorized access and use.
- We have developed strong security measures to protect member privacy. We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees and volunteers who need to know that information to provide services to you.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public personal information. You understand and agree that "perfect" security does not exist anywhere, including on the Internet. When you send credit card information, we encrypt this information between your computer and our server. Other information you send to this site, including email messages, will not be encrypted unless we advise you otherwise. Your credit card information is destroyed immediately after we conplete the credit card transaction expressly authorized by you. Furthermore, our web servers are for the exclusive use of the Chamber and are not used nor are they allowed to be accessed by third parties. Our Web site is protected by a firewall and constantly monitored for security.
- We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information about you on the Chamber Web site without your knowledge or action. Your information is collected through the membership registration form, e-mail newsletter registration and/or event registration forms. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name (first and last), company name, company address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, and credit card information.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information includes, but is not limited to, information we automatically collect on your use and/or actions on our Web site (e.g., user traffic patterns, page views on the Web site, click-through rates, search terms that users enter into our search utility). In addition, when a visitor arrives at our site, we collect the IP address, operating system, and browser software used. An IP address can tell us the user's internet service provider and, based on that, can suggest the geographic location of the connection. Although the Chamber's Web site logs are not personally identifiable, the Chamber does analyze them to monitor the flow of traffic and make improvements to the site's content, its, but it makes no attempt to link them to individual visitors to the Chamber's site. The Chamber recognizes that certain User Information of a key demographic nature (e.g., race, age, gender, national origin, income), while Non-Personally Identifiable Information, is still of a sensitive nature to users. As a general matter, the Chamber does not collect such information about you through its www.MAHCC.org Web site, but in the event the Chamber comes into possession of such information, whether through your voluntary submission of such information in response to a special feature on the Web site or by receiving such information from any of our business partners, such information shall, when coupled with any of your Personally Identifiable Information, itself be deemed to be Personally Identifiable Information and treated by the Chamber as such.
- We share member information only with those officers and volunteers in charge of activities related to membership, networking and special events, special contributions, and workshops and seminars. This sharing of information is intended only to facilitate the servicing of our members' accounts and to offer products and services we believe would be beneficial to our members.
- We share other customer information with service providers who may assist us in servicing members' accounts and preparing and/or delivering Chamber services and products to our members. Examples of such services providers include, for instance, credit card verification and payment services, accounting, etc..
- We also share limited member information with organizations that the Chamber selects to deliver group discounted services to our members. The information we share is limited to information provided on applications. Under all sharing arrangements, the Chamber requires its service providers and marketing partners to keep such information confidential and prohibits them from disclosing such information to anyone for any other purpose.
- We do not disclose any non-public personal information about our members to any other third parties, except as permitted or required by law.
- The Chamber does not endorse products and services offered by public or private organizations. You may be able to access certain information related to third parties at the Site, or via links, banner ads or clickthroughs from the Site, regarding the goods or services of third parties. You understand and agree that your access to or use of those services is a matter entirely between you and the associated third parties, and the Chamber shall have no liability whatsoever for any such access or use.
- If you decide to terminate your membership or your membership becomes inactive, we will continue to adhere, as required by law, to the Chamber's current privacy policies and practices.
This site provides information designed to help users understand and cope with their own legal, business, financial, and other needs. This information is not the same as retaining experts in those fields for advice. Although the Chamber goes to great lengths to ensure the information is accurate, we strongly recommend you consult an expert, including but not limited to a lawyer, accountant, financial services consultant, or other professional as appropriate. Nothing contained in this web site is to be considered as the rendering of legal, financial, professional or other advice for specific cases, and users are responsible for obtaining such advice from their own legal, financial or other counsel. The information contained on this site is intended for educational, background and informational purposes only.
We respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information, and we appreciate the opportunity to do business with you. Please visit this website with trust and complete confidence the we strive everyday to the best of our abilities to protect your privacy.
# # #